Subject: porting nm(1) and size(1) from OpenBSD to NetBSD
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Igor Sobrado <sobrado@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/29/2004 20:38:33
Hello,

I am seriously considering working on a port of nm(1) and size(1)
from OpenBSD 3.5 to NetBSD.  It is nice to know that there are BSD
licensed versions of those commands for OpenBSD 3.5.

Can I start with this project now?  Are there some licensing issues
that should be considered before starting this project?

Thomas Klausner observed that there is someone working on a replacement
for dc(1) and bc(1) now.  It is much better waiting to know what happens
with those replacements before porting those utilities.

Cheers,
Igor.

--
Igor Sobrado, UK34436 - sobrado@acm.org