Subject: Re: how to use crosscompiler?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/03/2004 11:37:58
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: > Symlink $TOOLDIR/vax--netbsd/include to $VAXROOTDIR/usr/include, and do the
: > same for .../lib.
:
: Um, no:
:
: 	miyu% ./gcc ~/tmp/h.c -o /tmp/h
: 	gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory
:
: There seem to be a few things in $TOOLDIR/vax--netbsdelf/lib that are
: still needed - mostly the gcc internal files (cc1 cc1obj cc1plus collect2
: cpp0 f771 include specs) and a few groff related files (but I guess that's
: not THAT important for a start.

Huh?  Those live in

   $TOOLDIR/lib/gcc-lib/vax--netbsdelf/VERSION

not

   $TOOLDIR/vax--netbsdelf/lib

which is where I said to do the symlink.  The only stuff that's in
$TOOLDIR/vax--netbsdelf/lib by default is "ldscripts", which you technically
don't even need -- they're compiled into the ld binary as well.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>