Subject: Re: My new fdisk(8) program.
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/02/2004 18:54:43
> Note: I happen to disagree with the style guide rev 1.20.2.1, because
> it says to return 0 on success, and 1 on failure.  This is bad style
> IMO, because we have EXIT_SUCCESS and EXIT_FAILURE for such things,
> which are more readable and portable.  An OS that uses C is not
> required to have 0 be for success -- even though most do so.

I think exit(0) is required to turn into whatever the OS's success
indication is.

Whether EXIT_* are more readable is a matter of opinion; I find them
less readable, actually.  (Not that I'm any great fan of
/usr/share/misc/style, mind you; quite a number of the things it calls
for impair readability for me.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign