Subject: Re: libgcc
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/09/2004 03:00:53
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 16:03:47 +0000, Nick Hudson wrote:

> I've been looking at how the in tree libgcc is built and used to
> hopefully fix a few bugs and improve support for sh3 and hppa.
[...]
> What it doesn't do is prefer NetBSD versions of source over gcc.

I tested this on sh3 (hpcsh).  I also removed netbsd versions of
"lib1" functions from lib/libc/arch/sh3/gen/Makefile.inc to make sure
I get libgcc's versions.

I had to change libexec/ld.elf_so/Makefile to add -lgcc_pic to the
LDADD to get integer division "millicode".  BTW, we might want to make
sure that ld.elf_so actually has no unresolved symbols, or the build
will finish normally, but ld.elf_so will be broken, rendering the
system unusable.

The build.sh release completed ok (modulo minor set lists tweaks,
caused by the fact that sh3 lists are still for gcc2).  I tested the
$DISTDIR in a chroot and it seems to work well.

SY, Uwe