Subject: building release: two annoyances
To: None <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/20/2003 16:36:51
Trying to do my own snapshot of 1.6.2_RCwhatever, I ran into two

1) when doing a release in src, then in xsrc, then going back to src
   to do an update, checkflist complains that there's a lot of X stuff
   in $DESTDIR. Of course it is, that's from the xsrc build.
   It would be nice if checkflist was ran with -both if X files are
   found to be installed.

2) In src, when doing " -u -r", it will nuke away the toolchain,
   then complain that things like mkstemp etc. aren't there any more -
   surprise! Maybe this can be changed to just rebuild the
   toolchain first, or not try to use it after it's been nuked.

Right now, to do an update of a release set, one has to completely rebuild
both src then xsrc as far as I understand. A bit time-consuming...

 - Hubert

  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 \___| |_| \___/          v1.12 out now, including partition support!