Subject: Re: Auto creating depend files
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/15/2003 21:34:54
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:08:09 +1100, matthew green writes:
>i've been trying to figure out exactly when one would lose with this
>method and i've not come up with anything yet.. it may be using the
>wrong dependancies, but i can't see it doing anything actually _wrong_
>because of this.

Yep that's what I've found.  Also by using a wrapper script to do builds
you can easily deal with the depend failures too.  Eg. 'make > $log'
if it fails search $log for the first line that says where make failed,
then '(cd failed/dir && make clean)' and start again.  If you find you
died in the same place again - give up.

--sjg