Subject: Re: softfloat fixuns woes
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/10/2003 11:19:08
Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> writes:

> Part of the way that gcc handles this is to use symbol versioning -- this
> is a gnu extension that I'm not sure whether or not we support in NetBSD.
> We may do, if it comes for free with LD, but we certainly don't build the
> information into libc -- we use other methods when an interface needs to
> change.

Largely irrelevant information: symbol versioning is supported by the
GNU linker for any ELF platform.  It is not really a GNU extension--it
was developed by Sun, and the GNU implementation follows the Sun
linker implementation.  But the GNU implementation is not quite
identical, and does have some extensions.

Ian