Subject: Re: gcc-3.3.1 on sgimips (Re: Snapshot 20030927 available)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/28/2003 09:30:21
Hello,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 01:13:45AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> and you found that gcse optimization on mips had some problem.

Right.

> Would you please mention how do you confirm it (or which source has problems
> to compile with -fgcse)?

I built without -fno-gcse and noticed that execve() and its variants had
problems -- specifically, tar wouldn't spawn gzip and getty wouldn't
spawn login.

I recompiled libc with -fno-gcse and the problem went away.

I then sent a message to tech-toolchain and port-mips asking for help,
but no response.  Since I noticed the problem, I guess I volunteered to
fix it :)

I've not narrowed it down any further than that -- I think/hope the problem
is in arch/mips/gen.

> And does gcc-3.3.1 on sgimips works fine except the gcse problem?

Yes.  No other problems noticed.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)