Subject: re: GCC 3.3.1 PowerPC support
To: None <,,>
From: M L Riechers <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/22/2003 22:53:17
> There was some email on port-powerpc or port-macppc (check the
> archives) that clearly pointed to an ABI issue -- confusion about
> pass-by-value and pass-by-reference.  Someone even had a test program
> for it.
>          -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

Bummer.  I was a bit quick.  Was this the bit about whether a struct
(at least the first 8 words) is passed in registers?  I believe there
was an issue that SYSV passed the first 8 words in registers, while
AIX passed the whole struct in memory by reference.

BTW, I forgot to say, thanks for pitching in, Matt.