Subject: Re: Reanimating port hp700
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/19/2003 13:48:15
On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:20:11PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:

> I'm willing to do the toolchain work
Matt, that would be great, really, really great. :-)

> (since at first glance it doesn't seem too difficult).
For you, as you seam to have knowledge in the toolchain area. I am sure
I can do it as well, but I would need at least ten times more time to
have an equivalent result. You would be much more time efficient.
My primary interrest is kernel hacking. I am quite new in this area too,
but I have already gathered some experience. If you take the toolchain
burden from my shoulders I can concentrate on the kernel.

> I even have a snake to play with. :)
I have 712/60, 715/33, 715/100XC, 720, 755, E55, B132L and I will get
a C240 (64 bit!) soon. The older machines like the Snakes may have
osiop(4) woes and it seams that there is no documentation available
for the HP-PB bus of the E55. It should be quite easy to get LASI
based machines (712, 715/64,80,100, B132) to work. They are already
well supported by OpenBSD.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen