Subject: GCC 3.x support
To: None <>
From: Matt Thomas <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/14/2003 21:10:29
In case anyone is wondering when/if the VAX port will switch to using
GCC 3.x, I've got some good news and I've got some bad news.

The good news is that I've most of the work to merge the VAX PIC changes
into the GCC 3.4 (aka gcc-current) sources.  The bad news is that GCC
currently has problems compiling any source code with a complication
switch statement.  There are probably other issues lurking as well.
significantly affects my ability to test and submit my changes for
into the GCC 3.4 release.

Given the above, it's doubtful that GCC 3.3.x will ever support emitting
PIC VAX code.
Matt Thomas                     email:
3am Software Foundry              www:
Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this