Subject: Re: gcc3 "millicode" problems with sh3 (toolchain/22452)
To: None <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/03/2003 10:22:55
At Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:52:08 +0000 (UTC), "Valeriy E. Ushakov" wrote:
> Apparently it was not:
>
> # gcc2
> $ /usr/nb/tools/bin/shle--netbsdelf-gcc -dumpspecs | grep -e -lgcc
> %{!symbolic:%{!shared:-lgcc}%{shared:-lgcc_pic}}
>
> # gcc3
> $ /usr/nb3/tools/bin/shle--netbsdelf-gcc -dumpspecs | grep -e -lgcc
> %{!shared:%{!symbolic: -lgcc}}

I'm not sure that it would be right to do it, either.

I believe in the new gcc world (not necessarily the new netbsd gcc
world; i've not been paying attention to netbsd's gcc integration
work), the right thing is to link with the GCC shared library.

That has the effect of getting you one copy of the exception handling
functions and data structures, which is important (and works much
better than having independent copies of them 8-).

I'm not sure that linking libgcc into shlibs directly will do the
right thing w.r.t. this issue.

cgd