Subject: Re: gcc3 "millicode" problems with sh3 (toolchain/22452)
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org, port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/03/2003 18:58:27
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 08:04:10 -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:

> : AFAIK, linux-sh folks solved this by simply linking all shared libs
> : against libgcc_pic.a (that has relevant symbols marked as .hidden).
> : I'm not sure if this is ok, as it will mean that each shared lib will
> : pull in *all* the symbols it needs from libgcc.
>
> This part should already be happening.  NetBSD's gcc LIBGCC_SPEC will use
> -lgcc_pic in place of -lgcc when invoking "gcc -shared" for link.

I don't see anything like that in our tree.  I also don't see
-lgcc_pic in my build logs for either gcc2 or gcc3 world builds.

The closest thing is in bsd.lib.mk, where for hppa we do:

    # XXX libraries often need the millicode functions in libgcc.a,
    # so we have to work around the -nostdlib:
    LDADD+= `${CC} -print-libgcc-file-name`

SY, Uwe