Subject: Re: GCC3.3 update status
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/28/2003 19:04:45
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 07:00:02PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
  | lukem found the bug in this case - it was the difference between the
  | command echoed by a rule and the command make run.  eg:
  |
  | foo:
  | 	@echo cc hello.c
  | 	@cc -g hello.c
  |
  | i was pasting the echo'ed command, not the one that make actually ran.
  |

  | luke has since removed all rules like this i believe :-)

sure did.  i found a couple of other places in bsd.lib.mk where the @echo
and the actual command were "not in sync" (.cc.so and .m.so, iirc).

simon gerraty has suggested we support various levels of "verbosity"
in the build process.  i like the idea, but it's more effort than i
have time for in the short term. :)