Subject: Re: different behaviour of system cc and TOOLDIR/cc
To: None <>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/09/2003 00:06:19
Frederick Bruckman <> wrote:

> I think we could still use a complete, integrated cross-compiler, for
> building in "xsrc", say. Maybe a "cross-tools" target, that depends on
> "distrib-dirs", "includes", and "do-lib", and create a full
> cross-compiler in another directory (CROSSTOOLDIR)?

That's already sufficiently easy to do manually.  A simple shell
wrapper for will do that.  Build tools, build libs as usual,
move/symlink includes and libraries you've built to the appropriate
place under $TOOLDIR/gnu-platform-name.  I don't think it's worth the
effort to add that logic to the in-tree makefiles.

SY, Uwe
--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen