Subject: Best way to install on taget after cross-build
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/24/2003 18:25:23
I'm asking if my way to install the result of a cross-build is optimal :

1- Build to $DESTDIR=/usr/destdir.$MACHINE
2- Copy the newly built kernel to $DESTDIR/netbsd
3- copy the whole toolchain /usr/tools.$MACHINE to $DESTDIR/usr/tools
4- entirely delete $DESTDIR/etc
5- build a tar.gz archive of $DESTDIR, copy it to the target machine
6- untar this archive into /, run etcinstall on the target machine

AFAIK, the very last step (etcupdate) must be ran on the target machine,
right ?

I cannot NFS mount target or build machine, since they possibly are
across DMZ.

Thanks,

--
Xav