Subject: Re: build.sh: pass -k to make(1)?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/06/2003 13:19:39
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 01:55:12AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
  | How about adding a -k switch to build.sh that gets passed on to make(1) to
  | not abort on errors? See the patch below...

I've been trying very hard to remove the knobs that you can use to
shoot yourself in the foot with, and this proposal just adds one of
these back, which will just result in more pain in user support for
the toolchain people (including me as the de-facto "build.sh" maintainer).
If you don't believe me, look at the number of people that blindly
enable '-E' for expert mode, and then post to the mailing list because
they're now missing a foot 'cause they didn't quite understand the
ramifications of using -E ...

If you want this, run
	build.sh ... makewrapper
	$TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE -k ...

(I actually have a "tmake" script which is effectively
	exec $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE $*
so I'd just run "tmake -k ..." )

Also, `-k' used to mean something else to build.sh --  what "kernel="
now does, and I've been tempted to add -k back in for other reasons.

Luke.

PS; it looks like you've got unrelated whitespace changes in the same patch...