Subject: Re: -current MIPS ld.elf_so fix/workaround
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/14/2003 13:40:26
On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 12:55:27PM -0400, Rafal Boni wrote:

> I'm not sure which binutils versions generate the correct output according
> to the comment and which ones don't -- other than the fact that it appears
> that the current in-tree one does not).

After a quick test, I agree.  Removing the "broken" conditional (per the first
hunk of your patch) indicates that SUPPORT_OLD_BROKEN_LD should actually
be SUPPORT_NEW_BROKEN_LD :)

> it's never actually hit because it seems that in all the cases I found, the
> GOT value was exactly equal to sym->st_value.

Same here.  I think this bit can be safely omitted.

If this were a democracy, I'd vote to apply the first two parts of the diff.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)