Subject: Re: Building on MacOS X
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/18/2003 16:11:03
On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 12:14  PM, R=E9mi Zara wrote:

>>  * Is it normal that I saw it show warning about things in =20
>> /usr/include
>> p.ex.:
>> In file included from /usr/include/machine/ansi.h:33,
>>                  from /usr/include/stdlib.h:60,
>>                  from =20
>> /Volumes/SourcesNetBSD/src/tools/toolchain/../../gnu/dist/toolchain/=20=

>> libiberty/splay-tree.c:32:
>> /usr/include/ppc/ansi.h:2:3: warning: style of line directive is a =20=

>> GCC extension
>> Shouldn't it all be self contained in the netbsd src tree ? My =20
>> earlier problem seems to be related to that too.
>
> I tried to add the -nostdinc option in src/tools/installboot/Makefile
> It does not work in HOST_CPPFLAGS nor in CPPFLAGS because nbhost-mkdep =
=20
> does not know about it.
>
> Could someone knowledgeable tell me the right place to put -nostdinc =20=

> into (or if it is at all the right approach) ?

When building the tools, you are building programs that run on the =20
host, and so -nostdinc is not appropriate.

What version of Mac OS X are you using?  I have had no trouble with =20
cross-building i386 and evbarm releases from 10.2.4[*].

[*] ...except /usr/bin/join on Mac OS X will crash when building the =20
target libraries.  Just compile the NetBSD join(1) on your Mac OS X =20
system and use that instead (I have filed a bug report with Apple about =20=

the problem).