Subject: Re: defaults file
To: None <>
From: Luke Mewburn <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/07/2003 10:01:43
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:46:43PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
  | Jason R Thorpe <> writes:
  | > On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:33:32PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
  | >  > Who would be the NetBSD toolchain people, besides you?
  | > 
  | > Luke Mewburn (who's name is featured prominently at the top of
  | > also said "no", and Matt Green, who has been enlisted to help me maintain
  | > the compiler and binutils, also said no.
  | I was under the impression the technical EC or core made decisions
  | like this, in general.

I personally don't see this issue as requiring a decision by a higher
authority; enough developers with experience and "ownership" in the
relevant area have already outlined various good (IMHO) reasons why
this proposal is not suitable.

However, if you feel it necessary to escalate the decision making to
core, and they disagree with you, how far/high will you persist in
taking this?  The tech_dev Executive Committee?  The Board of
Directors (above the tech_dev EC)?  Where then, if the decision goes
against you?

Note; as you are aware (but probably not all the audience members
are), I am a member of core and the board, and whilst I am not
preempting any decisions of the groups, you must realise that I
will be arguing against your proposal if it is presented to either