Subject: Undefined symbol in mp4
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Teddy Ruxpin <ruxpin@rillonia.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/29/2003 00:14:43
Greetings!

I am trying to port the MPEG4IP group of programs, see
http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/
to NetBSD 1.6 / Sun Sparc. That project was originally developed on Linux
but has been ported to other platforms, not yet NetBSD/Sparc.

I have hit a problem which the MPEG4IP guru tells me is some kind of
loadable library / tool chain problem. The suite of programs compiles ok,
but when one attempts to execute mp4player, one gets the error message

/usr/local/lib/libmp4util.so.0: Undefined symbol "" (reloc type = 12, symnum = 15)

This seems very like the problem reported, but never reported solved, in
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=17307
however this is 1.6, not 1.5.

libmp4util.so is built from MPEG4IP supplied source, using supplied
configure and Make files, so there may be some proceedure error for NetBSD.

libtool --version = ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4a (1.641.2.255 2001/05/22
10:39:30)

Also this is a very new NetBSD install, it may have something set up
incorrectly.

Suggestions as to what to check/test/try are welcome.

Robert.