Subject: Re: crunchgen changes to use symbol renaming instead of symbolhiding
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/28/2003 15:40:07
In message <20030128115628.B818853E7F@thoreau.thistledown.com.au>, you write:

-> James Chacon wrote:
->
-> > BTW: How is mips working at the moment? Does it still use crunchhide?
->
-> mips is currently "working" by disabling /rescue and any ramdisk kernels.

Minor nitpick: "small" ramdisks work (I've used the sgimips one, for example),
but attempting to add anything to them blows up due to limitations of the
current scheme (ie, sgimips ramdisk doesn't do DHCP because adding dhclient
blew out the limits).

-> > If so, I think this should go in as soon as possible just to get all that
-> > cleaned up as well.
->
-> That's the idea :-)

Despite the nitpick above, "Yes, definitely!". 8-)

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill