Subject: Re: crunchgen changes to use symbol renaming instead of symbolhiding
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/28/2003 15:19:56
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> In article <200301231527.KAA20910@gtei.net>
> jchacon@genuity.net wrote:
>
> > This is not a large change and is mostly self contained in 1 new routine...
>
> IMHO, if someone is working to get the patch into the master
> binutils tree, it's ok to commit it to our tree first.
> If no one is working on it, I don't think it's good thing
> for our build system to rely on such local extensions
> because we will have to continue to maintain the patch
> for each binutils release.

I plan on following this up to get the changes into the master binutils
tree.

To answer an earlier concern, the only option the patch adds is
"--redefine-syms-file", which I'm pretty sure shouldn't conflict with
any other changes to objcopy :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/