Subject: Re: crunchgen changes to use symbol renaming instead of symbolhiding
To: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/23/2003 22:19:12
In article <200301222019.PAA17332@gtei.net>
jchacon@genuity.net wrote:

> Nothing should stop adding patches locally to our binutils. Thats part
> of the point of importing them in. It was getting the patches back to the
> maintainers that was the sticking point in the past but that should mostly
> be moot now with a designated point of contact.

If the patch is a trivial fix, it could be applied to our tree first.
But in this case, changes are so large (adding new flags/functions)
that it would cause compatibility problem and it would also make it
harder to import newer binutils release tree in the future.
We had many "significant divergence" in doc/3RDPARTY.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp