Subject: Re: tweaks for fparseln(3) move from libutil to libc
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20021208T071327@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/08/2002 07:22:41
wrstuden@netbsd.org (Bill Studenmund) writes:
> On 7 Dec 2002, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> > > If you haven't used UNPRIVED, use pax to copy:
> > > 	cd $DESTDIR
> > > 	pax -rwvpe . /
> > It is quite the same as a DESTDIR=/ build for my setup.
> I think there is one difference (between build.sh -d; cd $DESTDIR; pax...
> and DESTDIR=/), and that difference is the root of the problem. In the
> first case, nothing under / gets changed until after the whole build,
> while in the latter case, / will get updated during the build.
> Or is that not the point you were talking about?

The change that effects me is that a DESTDIR=/ build more or less
leaves directories themselves alone (only creating them when
absolutely needed).  A pax install of a build whacks symlinks to
directories and tries unsuccessfully to whack mount points.

-wolfgang
--
We are from the U.N. and we are here to help you.

spider food: http://www.wsrcc.com/baddream/usenet/
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)