Subject: Re: tweaks for fparseln(3) move from libutil to libc
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/07/2002 13:37:18
> If you haven't used UNPRIVED, use pax to copy:
> 	cd $DESTDIR
> 	pax -rwvpe . /

It is quite the same as a DESTDIR=/ build for my setup.

1) My /home is an amd automount point.  pax tries to frob the
   directory perms for /home, barfs and exits.

2) My /usr/local is a symlink to /u/local and pax blows the symlink
   away and installs an empty directory tree.  (Note: there is nothing
   that will wake you up as quickly as doing an "ls /usr/local/bin/"
   after an "upgrade" and seeing that it is now empty! ;-) Luckily
   only the symlink, not the underlying files got whacked.)

I think I'd by happier if the pax copy only copied the files and the
symlinks and left everything else alone.

We are from the U.N. and we are here to help you.

spider food:
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)