Subject: Re: tweaks for fparseln(3) move from libutil to libc
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20021207T132446@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/07/2002 13:37:18
> If you haven't used UNPRIVED, use pax to copy:
> 	cd $DESTDIR
> 	pax -rwvpe . /

It is quite the same as a DESTDIR=/ build for my setup.

1) My /home is an amd automount point.  pax tries to frob the
   directory perms for /home, barfs and exits.

2) My /usr/local is a symlink to /u/local and pax blows the symlink
   away and installs an empty directory tree.  (Note: there is nothing
   that will wake you up as quickly as doing an "ls /usr/local/bin/"
   after an "upgrade" and seeing that it is now empty! ;-) Luckily
   only the symlink, not the underlying files got whacked.)

I think I'd by happier if the pax copy only copied the files and the
symlinks and left everything else alone.

-wolfgang
--
We are from the U.N. and we are here to help you.

spider food: http://www.wsrcc.com/baddream/usenet/
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)