Subject: Re: tweaks for fparseln(3) move from libutil to libc
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/03/2002 13:51:53
> There is magic in libnbcompat to include fparseln if the
> system needs it. Unfortunately there is a bootstrapping
> problem because it thinks it does not need it for NetBSD.

Clearly not magic enough :-)

I could be trying to do an UNPRIVED cross build on a system
that isn't running 'current'.

Also mtree failed because it was missing the flag definitions.
(pax and makefs were only missing the function).

> Revert all your changes.

I will do...  Now everything is built.

> Then proceed with your build. Somebody should put this
> in UPDATING.

Wouldn't it have been better to separate the two parts of the
change by a few weeks.  At least people who actively track
current would get a failure.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk