Subject: Re: tweaks for fparseln(3) move from libutil to libc
To: None <>
From: Christos Zoulas <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/03/2002 13:18:59
In article <>,
David Laight <> wrote:
>The recent changes:
>tweaks for fparseln(3) move from libutil to libc:
>- remove #include <util.h> if nothing else needed it
>- remove LDFLAGS+=-lutil if nothing else needed it
>stop the build running because fparseln isn't in libc
>on the build system.
>I had to revert these changes to get the host tools
>pax, makefs and mtree to compile.
>In particular two files in mktree needed util.h
>and I added HOST_LDFLAGS += -lutil to all 3 builds.
>Cross build on alien systems are likely to fall over badly
>(unless these is some magic elsewhere).

There is magic in libnbcompat to include fparseln if the
system needs it. Unfortunately there is a bootstrapping
problem because it thinks it does not need it for NetBSD.

Revert all your changes.

make includes && cd lib/libc && make && make install

Then proceed with your build. Somebody should put this