Subject: Re: Building a cross development toolchain for i386 to MIPS32compatible
To: Jason Riffel <jason.riffel@cadreng.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/16/2002 15:39:03
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Jason Riffel wrote:

> No actually I haven't.  I just tried using the ports collection to build
> the compiler.  I will try getting the sources and building like that.
>
> I have a question in regards to tool sources.  I see alot of dialogue on
> tech-toolchain that would lead me to believe the standard GNU sources
> aren't the entire package.  Do I need to acquire some patches or
> anything to apply to the GNU sources, or is there a different source
> pool all together?

	The current NetBSD policy is to ensure any changes to the
	gnu toolchain are fed back to the official gnu sources,
	though obviously the copy of the toolchain in the NetBSD
	tree is the 'best tested' version. I'd recommend starting
	with that.

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --