Subject: Re: Upgrade from 1.5.x to -current on alpha
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/17/2002 00:20:18
--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 12:05:17AM +0200, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
> salo@Xtrmntr.org (Lubomir Sedlacik)
>=20
> > what about just using build.sh correctly? :)  you should not use
> > DESTDIR=3D/, that's why you broke your system.
>=20
> No, that's not the point : for some reason, I lost
> /usr/lib/libc.X.Y.so

sorry, the quote above was meant for the original poster.

> Probably blindly removed it while cleaning very old versions
>=20
> When no libc is available, you can't do nothing with the tools. Not
> even rebuild a new one.

why do you want to build statically linked tools then?=20

you trashed your libc yourself, not the toolchain build.  you are asking
for something which would in some very rare situation help you (because
you accidentally removed your libc) and the original poster incorrectly
used build.sh.  sorry, but i still don't see the point.

you are asking for libc backup, in fact (having a backup of libc would
do the same job for you).  how is this related to the toolchain build?

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --