Subject: Re: New checkflist mechanism too strict ?
To: NetBSD-tech-toolchain <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/25/2002 21:52:39 (Jason R Thorpe) wrote :

> No, it is a bug in how you're using "".  -d ("make distribution")
> is intended for building a full distribution into a clean DESTDIR.  The
> only step missing in this case is packing up the tar files.

It does not build kernels, neither, thanks God !

The purpose of '-d make distribution", is from my understanding, and I
guess many poeple use this, is to have a populated etc/ and run
postinstall against the current one.

Anywway, it fails with an empty destdir, too.

And with a 120MHz PowerPC, it's a pain, since a full build takes more
than 24 hours.

So, I'll have to modify my auto-build script, to run make distribution
in /usr/etc, and call postinstall myself.