Subject: Re: New checkflist mechanism too strict ?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/23/2002 03:03:08
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:36:24PM +0100, David Laight wrote:

  | > The addition of "make checkflist" was added to the "maketars" target in
  | > distrib/sets/Makefile to ensure that the generated tar files have all
  | > the appropriate contents.
  |
  | Another thought, for an UNPRIVED build isn't it the contents of the
  | METALOG file that control what ends up in the tar archive, not the
  | contents of the directory tree?
  |
  | So is this test checking the right thing?

Yes, it should be (now).

It was my examination of the tar files that were the result of the
UNPRIVED auto-builds of netbsd-1-6 [1] that lead me to making the
changes in distrib/sets/checkflist rev 1.15 (and associated changes)
to detect that the there were inconsistencies between the set lists
and the generated tar files, and complain if any were found.

[1] available from  ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/