Subject: Re: DRAFT toolchain upgrade plan
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/11/2002 12:18:04
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:05:53PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
>
>  > you may consider using this CVSROOT, which contains a read-only merge
>  > of the GCC & binutils/GDB trees (gcc.gnu.org == sources.redhat.com,
>  > BTW) much like our own and the one at my work:
>  >
>  > 	:pserver:anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/uberbaum
>
> I think I'm going to stick with the original idea, here, because
> I suspect uberbaum has a lot more gunk in it than we probably need.

Anoncvs access should be done via the mirror on suberversions.gnu.org:

= Using the CVS repository = = If you don't already have CVS, we recommend
= you pick up a recent copy from CVShome.org. (Note that CVS versions up to
= 1.10.4 have "Y2K problems".)
=
= Assuming you have CVS installed on your machine you can check out the GCC
= sources with the following sequence of commands:
=
= Set CVSROOT in your environment to
=   :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc.
= Alternately add
=   -d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc
= in the CVS commands below (place it immediately after cvs, before any
= other arguments).
=
= Issue the command cvs login. You will be prompted for a password; reply
= with the empty string.
=
= Issue the command
=
=       cvs -z 9 co gcc
=
= to check out the compiler sources, respectively
=
=       cvs -z 9 co wwwdocs
=
= to check out our web pages.