Subject: Re: corrupt METALOG files on SMP machines with UNPRIVED build
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Limpach <chris@Pin.LU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/22/2002 16:17:39
> I've just built an acorn26 release under Linux with -j 2 on an SMP
machine,
> and the only glitches in the METALOG were caused by
> share/zoneinfo/Makefile's writing directly to the METALOG without locking
> it.  I'll file a PR on that.

yes, I noticed the same yesterday.  There's a few more places where
>>METALOG is used...

> >  The corrupt lines will look like
> >this:
>
> OTOH this isn't associated with share/zoneinfo, so you seem to have
another
> problem.

actually not...  I didn't have an actual corrupt metalog file around when I
posted, I believe now that I also probably only ever saw corrupt lines
associated with share/zoneinfo.  I hadn't noticed the first time around that
it was only happening within zoneinfo and not everywhere where there are
many small files being installed.

   christian