Subject: Re: Suggested addition to build.sh
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/17/2002 11:57:40
On Fri, 17 May 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: > 	It would be much nicer to be able to tell them to run
: > 	'./build.sh -K FUBAR', which run the above, then displays:
: > 		"The FUBAR kernel is now in \
: > 			../sys/arch/$MACHINE/compile/$KERNCONFNAME/netbsd"

This can probably be implemented.  I'll look into it.

: That would be nice. While we're wishing, I'd really like to see a
: top-level target to build a bootable sysinstall kernel with the
: ramdisk and everything.

Unfortunately, the distrib directories are nowhere near uniform across
platforms, so "where should it go build?".  Doubly so, it needs an include
and lib populated $DESTDIR in order to work correctly.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/