Subject: Re: UNPRIVED & DESTDIR
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/14/2002 09:11:25
On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:26:22PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
  | FWIW there is still a bug in the METALOG file - the permissions
  | for archive libraries are incorrect [1].  pax won't find this
  | because it leaves the existing permissions on existing files.
  |
  | [1] IIRC the files are installed with 0600 permissions, ranlib
  | is run, then the requested permissions applied - probably to
  | ensure ranlib has write access.

Please ensure that your source tree is up to date before making
assertions about bugs in the system, especially the build system.

That particular problem was solved on March 19 (2002/03/19) in
revision 1.198 of share/mk/bsd.lib.mk.  I've built many full
UNPRIVED releases since that fix and the permissions are correct.

If you notice problems like this on a fresh up to date source tree,
please use send-pr to report the problem at the time.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org