Subject: Re: crosscompile attempt: solaris/x86 -> netbsd/sparc
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/26/2002 18:18:45
On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

: Solaris7/sparc in my case. It seems that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh isn't enouth
: for libc/sys/makelintstub at last. I had to use bash.

This should be fixed, then; our sh(1) scripts should be standards-compliant,
or at least, close enough that standards-compliant shells can grok them.

(Solaris's ksh might have worked for this case, but I tend to recommend
/usr/xpg4/bin/sh because it is the officially XPG-compliant Bourne

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --