Subject: Re: cross-elf2ecoff
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/21/2002 17:10:18

>I'd more prefer if we could analyze why objcopy's translator is not creating
>proper ECOFF files, as that would be the *ideal* cross-platform way to do
>this.

Todd,

I haven't seen the context of Manuel's message, but this looks like
it's releated to elf2ecoff...

I've never understood why people keep assuming that objcopy can do
everything NetBSD needs from an ELF-to-ecoff translator, when even the
author of objcopy's facilities said (after we researched the
requirements) that objcopy doesn't do what we want and never will?
(Or did Jason really fix that and get the GNU maintainers to buy it back?)

If this is about elf2ecoff, AFAIK we need it anway, so why complain
about using it?  If it's not about elf2ecoff -- what was Manuel's context?