Subject: crosscompiling from solaris?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/01/2002 13:58:28
Is cross-compiling netbsd from solaris supported?

I've tried to build a snapshot from a solaris-2.8 box and get the
following:

mcmahill@slashing 173 % ./build.sh -D /export/home0/mcmahill/netbsd-build
-R /export/home0/mcmahill/netbsd-snapshot -a sparc -m sparc
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for gcc... cc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for regfree in -lregex... no
checking for library containing regfree... none required
checking for setenv... no
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strftime... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating buildmake.sh
buildmake.sh: bad substitution

ERROR: build of nbmake failed
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

also I was hoping to try and build an alpha snapshot perhaps with:

env CC=cc CFLAGS="-xchip=ultra -dalign -xcode=abs32 -xarch=v9" ./build.sh
-D /export/home0/mcmahill/netbsd-build -R
/export/home0/mcmahill/netbsd-snapshot -a alpha -m alpha