Subject: VAX ELF toolchain is now self-hosting
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com>
From: Matt Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 02/25/2002 11:02:57
This weekend I successfully used a VAX ELF system to do
a VAX ELF netbsd build. So VAX ELF has achieved the state
and being able to build itself.
There are still issues to be dealt before turning the switch:
1) add ELF flags for the indicate whether either GFLOAT
or DFLOAT, and whether code is NONPIC.
2) remove some unneeded RELOCs that are leftover from the
m68k code I started from.
3) Reworking setjmp/longjmp to be more normal and not
unwind the stack restoring registers.
4) Make sure DWARF/DWARF2 works (including exception
5) Add a.out->ELF transition code in sysinst.
6) figure out why awk works @ -O but not -O2
Matt Thomas Internet: email@example.com
3am Software Foundry WWW URL: http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt/
Cupertino, CA Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message