Subject: Re: Non "new-toolchain" platforms
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/29/2002 08:12:27
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org> writes:

> [ amiga to ELF ]
> Aymeric claims this should be switchable with one exception: the bootblocks
> can't be cross-built. I'll try a cross-build during this week and try
> to understand what happens.

Since yesterday, I can even claim bootblocks compile properly with the
new toolchain, it was just that the Makefiles guessed the object
directories wrongly.

Now, ./build.sh -D /usr/hosts/a1200 -m amiga goes straight to the end
on my i386.

A cross-release fails in miniroot because we have to switch to makefs.

BTW, there was a recent change to share/mk/bsd.own.mk and you now have
to remove "amiga" from one of the two lists of conditionals instead of
adding it. So don't panic if the patch does not apply as is.

kind regards,
 Aymeric