Subject: Re: emuns on ARM: What should we do?
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/23/2002 16:05:47
On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 10:44:17PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

> OK Someone was definitely doing a 64bit OS that was ILP64, it wasn't
> Sun, HP or IBM - so it must have been DEC.  Dunno which type they lost -
> short must have been either 16 or 32bit.

My brain is definitely not what it used to be...  I've just checked my
archive of 7 year old emails!  No reference to ILP64 :-(

Maybe I was getting confused because DECs LP64 system didn't have to be
binary compatible with their old ILP32 programs.  Whereas Sun didn't
feel they could force everyone to recompile everything.

This meant that they had left in 'long' in some places where it was
commented 'these items are declared long to ensure the same alignment
across all systems' (or words to that effect).

	David