Subject: Two problems on sparc64 (heh!)
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/19/2002 13:49:58
While a "build.sh" completed successfully a few days ago on my sparc64
system (January 16) it now fails when trying to bootstrap make (I think
it didn't do that last time):

gcc  -g -O2 -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP -I/usr/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make -c /usr/src/tools/make/../../usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstSucc.c
gcc  -g -O2 -o nbmake *.o
Segmentation fault - core dumped
nbmake: "/usr/src/share/mk/bsd.own.mk" line 64: warning: "cd /usr/src && /tmp/nbbuild1440/nbmake -V .OBJDIR" returned non-zero status
Segmentation fault - core dumped
ERROR: build.sh (new toolchain) is not yet enabled for

I've seen this a few times before, then tried to debug it by building nbmake
with "-g -pipe" options added manually to a copy of build.sh - but that version
always worked and successfully build everything for me.

Now this time it is not that easy, due to the autoconfig involved, but nbmake
already is build with -g, so I just removed the "trap" statement to remove the
temporary binary and ran gdb on the result:

Core was generated by `nbmake'.

warning: Couldn't find general-purpose registers in core file.

Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.12...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.12

warning: Couldn't find general-purpose registers in core file.

#0  0x0 in ?? ()

That's not realy helpfull ;-)

Anything I can try to get further information?

Martin