Subject: make can't uppercase/lowercase variables...
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/16/2002 22:35:44
FreeBSD make has the ability to uppercase or lowercase a variable
by using the U or L modifiers. Say, if FOO=bar, then ${FOO:U} == BAR.

NetBSD make does not have this ability. Since NetBSD make uses U and
L for something totally different, we would need a different set
of modifiers. I propose something like modifiers of "tu" and "tl"
(for "toupper" and "tolower").

If I kick in the code would someone commit it? Please?

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.