Subject: Re: "comparison is always true" and -fshort-enums
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/21/2001 15:36:24
On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

> -fshort-enums makes for some rather interesting ABI changes, IIRC.  Is this
> part of the ELF supplement for ARM (if there is one)?

It's hinted at by the current ATPCS, which indicates that enums are
expected to be shorter than ints.  I believe it's expected to become
explicit when item P2 of the ARM EABI-2001 issue list is resolved:

# P2  Add descriptions of size, alignment, and representation of primitive
#     and constructed C types.

Portmaster, NetBSD/arm26               <URL:>