Subject: Re: m68000 new toolchain issues
To: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/11/2001 13:26:28
matthew green wrote:

>    Also, binutils makes CPU32 executables with an e_machine value of EM_68K
>    but with an e_flags value of EF_CPU32 (defined in include/elf/m68k.h),
>    which is just the kind of CPU identifying I need for the m68000.  In my
>    working directory I picked another value for a new EF_M68000 flag; with
>    what authority should we register/clear/whatever a new flag value?
>
> registry@caldera.com i believe.  simonb will correct me if i'm wrong...

That's the right email address for the `global' ELF spec, but they don't
handle processor-specific details in general.  To get changes to the
m68k flags you'll need to track down the owner of that specification,
which may be someone in Motorola at a guess.  Do you know who did the
first m68k ELF ABI spec or what machine it was for?

Note that for some specs, there effectively isn't an owner anymore.
PowerPC is one that comes to mind...

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/