Subject: Re: Problem with make obj
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/28/2001 10:47:06
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:34:51PM -0500, James Chacon wrote:
> Basically it'll only create dirs and not symlinks if it beleives it's not
> inside of BSDSRCDIR. That's where symlinks, amd mounts, etc can confuse
> things.

Actually this was pretty much the problem - I rearranged my sources
filesystem last week, and BSDSRCDIR wasn't pointing at the source tree any
more - I thought I'd updated it :-( Sorry for the noise.

> I you actually wanna see what it's testing remove the leading @ from the
> make obj rule near the bottom of bsd.obj.mk

Eventually I tracked it down by doing a 'nbmake-arm26 -n obj', and then a 'sh
-x' on the shell commands generated.

This does show up a problem though - make obj will fail in BSDSRCDIR/etc if
the obj directory in BSDSRCDIR is a directory, not a link.

Ian.