Subject: Re: Problem with make obj
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/27/2001 11:11:27
On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 05:49:44PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com> writes:
> > After updating my -current source tree last week, make obj (both using
> > the nbmake wrapper generated by build.sh and invoking make directly) creates
> > directories in the source tree, rather than symbolic links.
> Could you tell us a) the command you're typing and b) the contents of
> your /etc/mk.conf? It might be of help.

Yes, sorry, I meant to include the information in my original message.

Here are the relevant bits from my /etc/mk.conf:

# Set source and obj location
BSDSRCDIR=/mnt/source/current
BSDOBJDIR=/mnt/scratch/obj/current

# Machine specific obj directories
OBJMACHINE=yes

# New toolchain stuff
MKTOOLS=yes
TOOLDIR=/usr/local/tools

(I've tried this both with and without OBJMACHINE - it doesn't make any
difference)

The commands I used are (long lines split):

/usr/local/tools/bin/nbmake-arm26 obj (from /mnt/source/current)
MACHINE=arm26 MACHINE_ARCH=arm /usr/local/tools/bin/nbmake -m \
   /mnt/source/current/share/mk obj

This is on a NetBSD-i386 1.5.2 machine, trying to cross build NetBSD-current
for arm26 (which I managed to do just fine about 2 weeks ago).

Ian.