Subject: Re: nbmake size and path issue
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/26/2001 14:34:41
>>> 1) nbmake seems to get quite fat, running at about 29MB on i386
>> Huh?
> Sorry, I was talking about memory footprint.  And I think I only see
> it when I use build.sh.

I know I've seen make's footprint get huge when doing libc.  On
machines with comparatively small data size limits I've known it to run
out of space and die.  Restarting usually works in these circumstances,
even without raising the data size limit - apparently it's
memory-cheaper to check but not build stuff than to build it.

I've long suspected a memory leak somewhere but haven't been quite
motivated enough to dig into it and see for sure.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign