Subject: Re: two more bugs perry doesn't want to admit exists
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/25/2001 00:10:09
>> cd /data3/netbsd/src/sys/arch/sparc/conf && /www/obj/tool/bin/nbconfig  -b /data3/netbsd/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC -s /data3/netbsd/src/sys GENERIC
>> config: cannot create /data3/netbsd/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC: Read-only file system
>> *** Error code 2
>>
>> (perry doesn't think this never happened before, but prior to having to use
>>  the new toolchain, it worked)

>I don't see how this could ever have worked before, if

I must admit its been over a year since I've done any full netbsd tree
builds - but back then, when I introduced bsd.kernobj.mk, you could indeed
build a full tree including kernels off a read-only src.

That's assuming you use MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX or some suitable magic
in MAKEOBJDIR, since anyother approach relies on being able to create
obj* dirs/links within the src tree.

--sjg